Jun 20, 2012

The Dad Box

I was fortunate to be able to speak at my home church on Father's Day 2012.  My topic was "The Dad Box".  You can watch the video on YouTube.

Every father builds a box that his children will eventually inherit and carry around in their own lives.  My dad was not perfect and The Dad Box I got from him has some stuff in it that I'd rather not have to lug around.

On the other hand, I've seen so many people in this world have a Dad Box that is crippling them.  It's ruining their lives and it's ruining the lives of people around them.  My sermon is especially directed at those of you with Dad Boxes that you can't bear to carry anymore.   I hope you'll watch this video, take it to heart, and tell me what you think.

To all us dads who are still working on our own boxes, you can't take anything out of or put anything into your father's Dad Box, but you still have the chance to change what you put in your own box.  My message will encourage you as you fill up The Dad Box you're about to give to your children.

Whatever you situation, I wish for you the courage to persevere in doing what is best for the generations that come and carry your Dad Box.

Clark H Smith